Monday, July 27, 2009

Speaking of Grandmother's

Got a package in the mail today. My Grandma Harlan made quilts for the boys. Each has their name and birth information quilted on. I haven't seen them yet because I am stuck at work, yes it's killing me having to wait. I'll post pix of the boys w/ them...actually I think I'll take 6 month pictures with their quilts...that would be cute.

Anyhow Grandma Kathy, I am sad to say, will be departing for Texas tonight. Yes I am seriously sad...she is more like a sister in law than anything to me. To the boys, she is Grandma...no doubt. They have really enjoyed having another person in the house to shower them with kisses
and love. If Devin could just get her to leave her nice shiny necklace behind...he would be one happy boy. Jacques especially will be sad to see her leave since she made him fried chicken the other night for dinner. I keep saying if it wasn't for the family she has in Texas needing her to come home...we'd make an offer to keep her around. I know they miss her because we are really gonna miss her and she's only been here 10 days! As is life.

Carter finally made the trip...he rolled all the way from his back to his belly then to his back again. His dad called it officially on S
aturday July 25. Devin, well he is still not much interested in any tummy time or rolling for that matter. He is very content in his chair or in the jumper just hangin' out playin' with his toys. Carter on the other hand...oh he wants so bad to be able to get up and chase that dog! Timmy just wishes he could lick their faces pretty much all day long. Since they are both still trying to cut that first tooth the drool valve is STILL wide open...and Timmy loves it when he can get away with a quick lick!

Jacques seems very happy to be home. He was not excited I'd deleted a game of his from the computer...it was making everything run slow! Come to find out, he'd adjusted the resolution so his graphics would be better...goofball! We loaded the game on an external hard drive now it won't slow my computer down. He is happy with that. I'm not sure yet how he feels about starting school at Ilima Intermediate this year. I guess we'll see...don't know till you try!

Mike enjoyed his driving school, like that was under question. He got to drive one of those old police cars on a driving course with all of the pylons...what did he say he topped out at 108mph...yeah he had a good time! I think he rather enjoyed driving the Malibu rental on the wide open roadways of rural Virgina too. He kept telling me about all of the houses he saw...they all seemed HUGE compared to what we see here.
I think it was all the wide open spaces...he really enjoyed all of it.

Were the boys happy to see their dad? Oh yes. Very. I honestly cannot tell you who had a bigger smile on his face...Devin, Carter or Mike...or Jacques...all my boys home at last. Life is good and we are blessed!

No comments: