Monday, July 20, 2009

24 Hours

It's been only one day but I actually think the boys miss their dad already. Having Grandma Kathy here is such a blessing. Something about a Grandmother, they just make kids feel special. Each time she walks up to the boys and says "Hello" even in the middle of a fit, they stop and smile with their whole body. You know, that kicking the legs...head nodding back and forth "I just LOVE you" all over smile. Saturday night she took Devin in for his bath. Grandma knows how to let that baby play in the tub...20 minutes of Devin kickin and splashing.

Carter got a new chair Saturday from a garage sale. It is the typical plastic booster with a sliding tray. I cleaned it up yesterday and let him take it for a spin. Probably not the best time since he was too hungry to be trying out new things. Threw some toys on the tray he played with while I made up some cereal and peaches, he was through with that seat by the time I got back to feed him. Back in the car seats we went...Grandma fed Devin. Another thing Grandma rocks at...she got Devin to eat more cereal than I ever have. I think I let him play too much, he usually ends up enjoying something thicker than the normal saliva to make sounds blowing through his lips. I don't mind the bananas and oatmeal all over me...it just gets a bit sticky. Timmy loves to help clean up afterward.

We also found one of those Fisher Price farms with the little pig horse and cow. When you open the doors it makes a little "moo" or "oink oink". Cleaned that up yesterday too...I just hope I didn't ruin the sound by getting it wet. For 2 bucks...I figured it was worth taking a chance.

Timmy, and every other dog in the neighborhood, was freaking out yesterday. Not sure what was going on...I was afraid we'd have an earthquake. He kept running outside all afternoon barking at the back fence. When we went to bed he sat in front of our bedroom window just looking out the back of the house. I was petting him trying to calm him...he was actually shaking all over. Don't know what it was but he finally laid down and chilled out. No earthquakes yet...knock on wood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I was just testing the whole comment thing out...