Jacques came to work with me yesterday because it was a furlough day. He has an assignment where he is supposed to shadow a professional for an 8 hour workday. I know shadowing anyone here for 8 hours would be a bit much so I broke it up into an hour w/ several of the forecasters. He seemed to really enjoy his time and took good notes. We went over his notes in between each forecaster so I could make sure he understood what he'd written. He still wants to be a meteorologist so I guess they didn't scare him or overload him with too much information.
Jacques main goal in life at this moment is to improve his grades to where he is allowed to play his video games. At 14 it is amazing how pathetic and hopeless a boy can be without at least 4 hours of video games each day! Not really each day, more on the weekend, when he usually is allowed game time.
Carter is growing teeth like CRAZY! 4 molars have broken through just this month! God love the boy you'd never know but there they are when he opens wide all pearly and white.
Devin continues to climb EVERYTHING in sight. Every time I turn around he is standing up on their little plastic table. He climbs the chairs onto the kitchen table and stands, he climbs the gate blocking the stairs...but cannot get over. He climbs the couches over to the end table to get his precious butt paste...that he LOVES to eat. Jacques had all the couch cushions on the floor yesterday one was leaning up over another creating a little hill for him...and he climbed up and rolled down up and rolled down. The kid is just a little monkey I tell ya!
Carter is not much for climbing, his belly tends to make it a bit challenging for him. Tho he does climb the small plastic table ever now and then...very happy with himself once he achieves his ultimate goal of sitting on top. He seems to not have any desire to stand on the table, thank goodness! Carter would rather carry the 2 chairs that came with the table around the room...one in each hand. He is always picking up large objects and carrying them around. the room.
Both of the boys enjoy any toy they can make music with. When I put music on the TV or even certain commercials they will stop in their tracks, look over to the TV and begin bouncing their booty's and smiling. They just LOVE to dance. I know what baby doesn't, just having 2 versions going on to the same beat...too funny. The toys that play music, they will push a button or somehow make the toy sing...they just stop and smile at me and then the bouncing begins.
Mike's brother Patrick was here for 2 weeks on R/R leave from his post in Afghanistan. He brought 2 of his Army buddies with him, only 1 made it till the end...another story. I have never seen anyone so reluctant to get on a plane. He LOVED Hawaii! He said a lot of it was that we were here. He and his brother hadn't seen each other for almost 5 years. They were like long lost buddies. Mike really enjoyed spending time with him. He is a good guy and I hope he can come back for a tour here with the Army. It would be nice for the boys to get to know him...and to have some family close.
No comments:
Post a Comment