Carter's new favorite word is digga digga digga digga which he will just sit and repeat over and over as he is playing along. He very clearly says bottol when he is wanting his bottle. We are still giving them first thing in the morning and before bed. They have taken to their sippy cups fine though. Actually I think they enjoy the fact that the hard plastic soothes teething pains. Mike and I both love when we give them a drink and they just stop and crash on the floor wherever they happen to be and drink away.
The other night we were sitting and playing. Devin was sitting behind the curtain that covers the side door. He yells out, "Dah!" Mike responds with a "Dee!" Devin quickly yells back louder, "Daaah!" Mike answers "Dee!" Devin moves the curtain away with a HUGE smile..."Dah!" Mike responds "Dee!". No one will ever know which of us were enjoying that more...even Carter was grinning ear to ear.
So interesting to me, Carter is clearly the bigger of the 2 boys. Devin, he is the Bruit of the 2. Constantly pushing and moving large objects about the room. The other night he decided he wanted to be "behind" the toy box, which was full of toys...he started from the side and crouched down using his legs as momentum to push the whole toy box away from the wall. So fun the logic he will use when he wants something. I can't make this work...give it to mommy. He use to push a chair or the wipes box...anything to give himself a boost and just climb up on top of the toy box. Now both of the boys will climb either into, or if it is on it's side ,on top of the big plastic box. They are afraid of nothing I swear. Carter tends to be more cautious but really they both are just so curious and want to be into ANYTHING within a climber's reach...and sometimes beyond.
Last night I had a set of candles in their holders on the table. Devin kept eyeballing them. I decided since they weren't going to be part of our everyday decor anyhow, why not...let'em see what they're all about. Who knew a set of candles would be SO interesting! Each took a candle and holder. Carter was in awe and seemed to think his candle had better stay in the holder. Devin on the other hand had his candle out of the holder immediately and was seeing what types of noise he could make if he banged it here and there. He put it back in, took it out, put it back in the holder, then decided Carter's should be out of it's holder...oh no, ok then, I guess I'll just bang my candle against yours...ahh there now they are both out of the holders...oh mommy says bath-time.
They were NOT happy when the candles and holders were taken from them, but they got over it really quick when they heard the the sound of water splashing down into the bathtub.
When they are feeling independent they like to play at the end of the living room toward the front door. The rest of us usually over camped out by the television. They love to hide between the wall and a bookshelf I have placed opposite the stairs. I actually thought we lost Devin the other night for a second till he popped out the side giggling. When they are not hiding themselves they love to sit at the bottom of the stairs in front of the netted gate keeping them from the upstairs...oh the upstairs...Devin/Carter, "all I know is when I find that gate down...I get up those stairs as quickly as possible because there is a lot of fun stuff up there to get into!"
They will sit with their backs against the gate and drink their bottles. They sometimes play a game where one sits down and the other gets up, walks half way across the room, turns...laughs then runs back and sits...then the other gets up, halfway... laughs...then back again for another round.
Like most babies they love to listen to music and dance. Devin shakes his butt really fast, throws his hands in the air and bobs his head. Carter stands with his legs straight and spread a bit kind of rocking from side to side. They both will bend their knees and bounce up and down moving their arms and hands...giggle giggle giggle. Sometimes they are smiling so big they will shake their head side to side almost as though they are trying to shake off all of the joy in their heads!
We took them to the beach Sunday when I got home from work. They did really well. Devin fell hands first right into the sand his feet spread...he had a hard time getting up. We had their life jackets on them at first but I quickly decided we didn't need those. Devin was really cold and was shaking so we played in the sand for a bit...he warmed back up and he was ready for some more time in the water. Carter was all about getting in the water and playing in the sand. I was impressed that he used the shovel in the sand so well. Mike helped them dig a big hole to sit in that filled with water. Jacques was pretty much a HUGE help. I think he enjoys sharing his love for the water with them. He has always been a beach boy and wants the same for his lil brothers.
Everything is set for Jacques to go to Guam. We still don't have the form for his passport and if he doesn't get his passport on time the military says he can travel on their planes with his birth certificate and dependent ID card. He, Mac and Charlie are all very excited...as are Mike and I. It will be such a wonderful experience for him to be able to see all of the history there. He will be dive qualified soon after his arrival and plans to spend as much time fishing and diving as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment