Saturday, May 15, 2010

May...again...already!

It was about this time last year that I was just returning to work. The last year has passed by so quickly it actually seems like it happened ages ago and is a distant memory. We were just starting to feed the boys solid foods and now I am trying to get them to drink less milk by feeding them more substantial solids. Funny how important labels and contents become when you are trying to ensure your toddler has plenty of energy to explore! The pediatrician gave us vitamin drops to put in their sippy's...when I remember.
Jacques is almost finished with yet another school year. Hard to believe he will begin High School next year...didn't I just do that myself? Ok no, but my son...in High School? We have decided to send him to Guam to spend the summer with Mac and Charlie. He is extremely excited at the prospect of spending days and days just searching the island for WWII artifacts. Then there is the fishing, sailing, snorkeling, diving...and well, the fact that he was born there. I think it is the perfect time for him to see and experience all of this...it will put life into perspective in the sense that there is more out there than just friends, teachers and homework. I know that he understands that good grades in High School are going to be a factor on his college resume. He has stated on many occasion that he intends to have an impressive resume by the time he applies. At this point I am just praying he passes Math this year.
I posted on FaceBook the other day that Devin handed me is poo diaper...Grams says we should be able to start potty training. Seems logical to me, not so much Mike tho..."How do you get a 15 mo old to tell you he wants to go poo in the potty?" Well...thanks to the internet...I am going to figure that one out. I have read a "U" shaped toilet seat is nice for boys...just in case that lid drops...yes someone actually posted that as a...in case you don't think of this...
Carter is just talking up a storm...he call his "brother"...that is my favorite...lots and lots of gibberish. When he is reading his books he makes the most analytical faces! He has a fascination w/ Timme's tail...thank goodness Timme just licks their faces till they stop doing whatever it is he doesn't appreciate. Last night I thought he might just lick Devin's face right off!
Devin has figured out that when he wants something done he cannot do himself come give it to mommy, she will make it work. He brings the turtle that plays "Funky Town" and his sunglasses so I can put them on him. His shoes when he wants to walk around on the carpet in them. I guess bringing me his poo diaper only makes sense! "Look what I brought you mom...now clean this up and put me on a fresh one!"

No comments: