Devin was fussing last night with his dad, I came over to pick him up...Dad says, "I got it" so I started to walk away. Devin actually started fussing momomomomom....so I came back snatched him, then he quick looks back at dad like, "what?" Very fun stuff.
The last couple of days Devin has really found his voice. We were cr
uzin' in the pickup this weekend, he hears Jacques talking in the front seat and looked up in his car seat toward Jacques. Devin starts just talking away...and doing the high pitched squeal that Carter has been doing for a while now. Both of them at the same time can be quite loud I tell you! Anyhow, he is looking up toward Jacques, I tell Jacques, "Hey brother is talking to you" so Jacques looks back at Devin and squealed back at him...oh did Devin look like he accomplished something! So as you can imagine Jacques and Devin went back and forth for a while...Carter just looked over at me like, "what is with them?" A couple of times I thought Carter would join in, but he just sat and listened.
Mike has moved Carter's jumper to the highest of 3 levels. He moved it to the 2 mark last weekend because Carter was jumping so high that the back end of the circle was coming off the ground. He moved it to the 3 this weekend, I think Carter might just get one more month out of that thing. Funny, we bought the jumper with Carter in mind and the walk-about with Devin in mind, how do they know this? When Devin is in the jumper and Carter is in the walk-about...they look at the other like...hey that's my to you are playin' with!
Not exactly sure what happened with cross country and Jacques...I don't think he is on the team...since he doesn't go to the practices and didn't go to the meet with them. Whatever, a mom has to let go sometime. He ha
s been playing fo
otball with a group of boys after school at a park down the road. He had the option to play organized football with a group called the hammerheads but didn't want to. He says he is going to try out for Campbell High School next year. We'll see how that goes...it is a pretty big high school and there are a lot of kids that play around here. I know if he tries he can make the team...the question is will he try his best or just go out to see what's up. Again...gotta let them do their thing. I don't want to wait to let him make his mistakes till he is 18...a whole lot harder to learn at 18 than it is at 13 because the mistakes tend to be a bit more serious at that age.
His grades have been pretty good so far this year so we haven't had much conflict there. I have to ask every now and then about a missing assignment on his webgrader page...mostly for entertainment value. He comes up with some pretty great stories about why he has or has not finished things...I say he could be a writer...a comedy writer for sure. Such a creative mind...he gets that from me no doubt!
I believe Social Studies will be his favorite class this year...his teacher is not only really kool...she isn't hard to look at either. Yes he probably pays very close attention in that class! Apparently she thinks he is pretty smart too, when it comes to history...Jacques LOVES to show off his knowledge. An A I can count on...that is always a happy thing. If we could just get him a hot Math teacher...we would be golden!
I have been scanning and organizing pictures of Jacques from way back when...oh so cute and so sweet! The memories come flooding in...we sure had some fun when he was little! Something I have come to appreciate about having babies and a 13 year old is how you love them. The babies you adore and cuddle and you feel this how could I poss
ibly love anyone/anything more than this wonderful baby. The 13 year old you look at with admiration and pride. Admiration because of the wonderful person you see developing in them. Pride in the fact that you might have had some influence in who they are becoming. Having the babies also reminds me, letting go is part of the process of learning. If you don't let them fall they will never learn to get up. Even at 13 I have to let Jacques stink things up sometimes so he can learn how to clean up his own messes in life. Ok so I have to admit...Mike really helps me remember to let the babies fall and he also really helps me let Jacques make mistakes...I am one lucky lady!
No comments:
Post a Comment