d them in interested in these "things" he can pull on his head... but he is SO fussafuss! The doc came in, first thing she says is "I hear I get to see the most beautiful baby in here" I had Devin facing me, turned him around...yeah her face said..."wow he really is beautiful" I told her "Thank you." She asked what was going on, I said I honestly hoped it was an ear infection...she agreed it would be nice if it was something "fixable" No luck! Oh well I can let him fuss now and know he is not actually in pain.
Carter when we got home...so funny this
kid, Devin is in his walk-a-bout cruising along, and Carter rolls over right in the path of the wheels. I told Mike to move him or he was going to get his hand rolled over. Mike looks over at me...in the kitchen...and says, "Do you not see what he is doing? Carter is not going to get his hand rolled over, his whole body is in the way! He is making it so Devin can't get around!" Sure enough there is Carter all up in the way! Read about this really cool spoon on the RaisingTwins forum the other day. You dump the baby food into the handle of the spoon, screw on the bowl part of the spoon and squeeze the food onto the spoon from the handle! Found one at Target, I had to try it out! Turns out it works pretty well! Carter was most into it. No bowl to hold a lot less mess to clean up!
Mike just called...I'm stuck at work this morning. He had to let me know that it was sad I had the camera with me because Carter just rolled all of the way across the room. All the way to Timmy...then began petting him. How cute is that? Rrrr, oh well, pretty exciting tho...I taught Carter how to pet Timmy about a week ago. He seems so intent when Timmy is w/in arms reach. So I hold his arm and glide his hand along Timmy's neck. He really caught on, oh the LOVE the dog and he loves the mean old cat too. Too bad that mean old cat is terrified of the babies.
We had a family moment at the store yesterday. A good moment where you can actually see everyone grow...I know I am a sap. Anyhow, we were looking at the Ipods and plan to buy one with a stupid amount of memory. Apparently there is a cord that you can connect from your computer to TV that allows you to watch movies from your computer. Since Itunes has movie rentals and movies for purchase at a much lower cost than buying a DVD...we decided this might be something to try.
Back to our moment. Jacques was acting 13 and throwing a fit because he thinks he needs a new Ipod. Well Mike is talking about buying one for himself...his birthday present...but essentially it will be to hold movies and such so we (the family) can watch them when we are on the go...on a long plane flight to the mainland. Love those tense in the store moments where everyone wants to just knock the crap out of everyone else cuz we can't agree.
Needless to say that was when I decided Devin MUST go to the clinic NOW. Mike and Jacques kept Carter while Devin and I went to the doc.
Miraculously when the came back to pick me up, Jacques had an entirely different outlook on who should get a new Ipod. Back at the store I'd said to Mike that this was a father/son moment...he needed a man to look him in the eye and remind him who wears the pants. Later I asked Mike what he said. He smiled and said he'd mentioned the whole roof over your head food in your mouth...I'll leave it at that. Jacques was a changed boy for the rest of the day...well at least till I made him come wash his salsa bowl he'd left, and wait at the sink till I was finished washing a couple of bottles. Oh the fun! Such a 13 year old!
No comments:
Post a Comment