Friday, August 14, 2009

A New Year a New School

Jacques is on day 5 of his second week at his new school. So far so good! Logged into the online grade tracker, only one grade so far but it was an A. He seems to be happy there too, which is even better. He likes the PE uniform, I like that they don't haul books around with them. They do a "binder check" each day where either a teacher or peer actually goes thru their binders and checks that things are in neat, in order and that they have all the required school supplies. Who would have guessed this is the school that would required Jacques to finally keep all his things in order!
He did have to walk away from a fight yesterday. His version was that some boy thought Jacques was staring him down, Jacques friend Dana was the "go between"...Jacques let the boy know he required a much better reason to fight than "staring someone down". Who knows exactly how it went down...he is 13...but no fight so thats what matters.


Got a call from a friend the other day, she has 2 gates up f
or grabs. She said she thought of me because the boys are getting to the age where we are child proofing. Yeah, the blessings keep coming! As for child proofing...uh yeah, 8 hours one Saturday...moving this shelf here, the table there, putting anything remotely breakable or sharp up high. I think we are almost there, I'm sure there are things I haven't anticipated, the nature of having mobile babies...they'll always find something to get into!

Devin is SO close! He has been doing push ups with his knees on the ground of course. Those little arms are getting ready for something! I don't honestly see the disire for mobility in him yet, but he seems that way with most things. He doesn't seem too interested then all of the sudden there he is just doing his thing! First tooth is there, you can feel it but it hasn't broken through his gums. Mike has decided Devin will be our roller coaster lover. He loves when we wrestle him around. Rough for baby standards...no shaking the baby of course but you know...
He LOVES when you pump him up in the air and bring him down...he just giggles. Mike will slide him all the blanket and he giggles and giggles. He does require more attentiveness, so its nice you can have fun with him! Oh my monsta can fussafuss!

Carter, this is so funny, Carter has decided the best way for him to get from here to there, roll. I set him on the blanket last night, next to his brother. Next thing I know he's rolled completely over 4 times and is making his way across the room. I know he was disappointed when I rolled him back over to the blanket. His little tooth is just pushin right through. He very much enjoys chomping on your finger just one time, to make sure we all know he has a tooth. He is also enjoying making a very high pitched squeal again to make sure we all know he is there! I swear he will go on and on just squeali
ng away...I actually think he is singing. He loves music, what baby doesn't. When I sing to him he will sing along, mostly just a low ahhhhhhhhhh...none the less he is sining along. Carter is just SO happy! They are both happy babies, Carter just seems to require less stimulation from the rest of us.

I call Timmy my sitter these days. The boys can be in the mi
ddle of anything...even eating...and will stop and look if Timmy enters their line of vision. Devin grabbed onto his ear the other day, Timmy started to nip but stopped short and just pulled away. He is very careful around them, and mindful of them when they are on the floor. I know, we don't just leave him in the room w/ them alone...sitter meaning he entertains them! Jacques has been a great sitter also. The 2 nights I was at work late this week, he bathed both boys for Mike. Both of the babies think he is just something, Devin especially. This is fun to me because at an ultrasound last October, Jacques called the smaller one. Devin must have heard that because he thinks Jacques is alright!

Mike and I are both just workin and enjoying this first year
. He said to me last night, "oh it is going WAY too fast...I mean the first 3 months, that was fine to go by fast." Now I think he just wants to keep them this way forever! Maybe not today tho...Carter got up at 4 and stayed up till 630...when it was finally time to leave. I had to work at 4 so it was all Daddy.
Mike has been trying his best to help Jacques be more responsible. I can see it having some effect, but he is 13...a work in progress! One
of my favorite Jacquesisms, "You guys are mediocre parents!" We took his IPOD away or something, I told Mike, "coming from a 13 year old that is a complement!" Seriously what 13 year old kid thinks his parents are fun?

No comments: