Saturday, December 17, 2011

I can't remember whether it was Carter who started calling Devin, Denin or was it Devin calling himself Denin but either way he is now Denin. No doubt he is still our MONSTER. I think the child would live nude if we let him. He will run around w/ no clothes pretty much any time he can get away with it. He has also decided since Timme goes pee in the yard so should he...and he does...whenever he gets to run round w/ no clothes. Devin has figured out how to run the iTunes on my Mac and is also pretty handy with the PhotoBooth software. He and Carter will open it click the take picture button count down with the computer then when it clicks the photo, they both giggle uncontrollably. Very entertaining! The other day we were in the car and I handed him something to munch on and he beams this wonderful smile and bursts out..."FOR ME???? For me mommy, is this FOR ME????" SO adorable! Now the both like to point things out and ask..."For me?".
The first thing out of Devin's mouth many mornings is, "Where is my dad, is daddy at work?". They are both always very happy when they wake up and daddy is home for the day. The days that he works, they run out to the gate as soon as they hear his truck pull up on the other side. "Daddy's home, Daddy's home!" He lets them get in the front seat while he backs into the driveway. They all get out and close the gates together. Very cute to watch them so excited to see their dad. 

Carter is talking a ton...he loves to "wedy set GO!" He usually has a car or 2 in his hands and is either running them along some surface or crashing them together. My favorite thing is when he says "Yes" because he is usually smiling and he enunciates so well when he says "Yes". I honestly don't know where his nutrition comes from...milk I guess. He is the milk drinkingest almost 3 year old I've ever seen. Pizza is his most favorite food these days. Devin eats tomatoes, onions, frozen blue/black/ras/strawberries and avocado. They both eat plenty of candy cookies and soda but Devin just does a better job offsetting all of the junk with super healthy foods.
They have had bikes for over a year. I picked them up at a garage sale for like 25 bucks. They have played with them off and on here and there. Finally the last couple of weeks, Mike and I on separate occasions have worked with them on pedaling. Walla they seem to have figured it all out for the most part. Training wheels are still on but they are doing really well for almost 3 year olds!
 

No comments: