Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ok It's been long enough

Eh so I took 6 months off...I can't even say I've been busy...just pretty much worn out and more interested in other things...facebook and all of the wonderful blogs I've found to peruse in any free time.
So what "is" going on with the Johnson's? Where do I begin? Hmmmmmm youngest to oldest.
Carter:
Carter's favorite sound is BeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeBeeeeeeeeeeeee. Anytime we see a car, truck or motorcycle it is BeeeeeeeeeeeeBeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Speech therapy for Carter starts December 28th. At their 18 month appointment the Pedi says she wants to have hearing tested and a speech therapist assess their progress...I think she is loony but whatever I'll play. Good their hearing is GREAT...bad...they both have elected the monkey "ooh ooh ooh" version of "Hey mom, can I have?" So I guess 4 months later she was probably not completely loony and speech therapy might actually be ok. I do know many of the other twin mom's I keep up with are in the exact same boat so I continue to be less than concerned. I will admit that I would very much prefer the "mom can I have" to the monkey's but that will all be over soon enough. Back to what Carter is up to, he LOVES is Sesame Street! Every time we hear the Elmo's World theme he GRINS his biggest grin and looks to make sure I am equally excited that Elmo is about to fill our living room with the wonders of "What is Elmo thinking of today?". He and daddy have also decided that we should all watch Wheel of Fortune each night at 630pm...I think he just wants to get the TV off of PBS before Barney starts...Devin LOVES Barney...don't tell anyone tho! So when the twins were born we used color coding to keep things straight. Carter was green Devin blue. Well today Devin LOVES yellow and Carter is pretty much partial to red. I find this amusing because they are becoming their own little people w/ their own ego...opinions OH LORD the opinions! They don't much watch Sponge Bob but they always are excited to see Sponge Bob on anything...I know this because ANYTIME we see Sponge Bob they both start pointing and saying "Bob Bob Bob"!
Carter does not like to say "No" he raises his eyebrows and says "dop!" And now Devin who use to actually tell you "no need" also has taken to using the stop terminology he has a better "s" sound tho and will tell you "STOP!"
Funny, I made Christmas cookies the other night, Devin brings me the container of Nilla Wafers so I put it on the counter and decide to let him try a snickerdoodle. He takes the snickerdoodle, looks at it and just kind of is "eh whatever itsa cookie." Carter comes over for a Wafer...I hand him a snickerdoodle he looks at it and drops it on the ground looks at me and starts oooh oooh'ing for a Wafer...he wanted nothing to do with those snickerdoodle cookies!
Devin my monster, his attention span is getting much better...tho he really only pays attention to the tv when there is a good commercial on or someone is singing a fun song. Other than that he would much rather be looking for something he is not supposed to be doing...to do. I swear sometimes the toybox will go unopened for hours while he does his best to find something, anything he can get himself into trouble doing. He latest love is climbing the fridge. We have gotten away without a lock on the fridge till just about the last month or so. His increased interest in pulling basically anything he can get his hands on out of the fridge inspired Mike to finally pick up a couple of straps to hold the doors shut last night. It wasn't so bad when he was only pulling out what he wanted to eat...usually an onion or tomato. But lately it is well like I said anything he can get his hands on. Tomato and onion...what toddler LOVES raw onion? Devin.
Jacques continues his love for the video game...and well he's almost 15...so not much else. He told me yesterday that basically when he is not at school that is where all of his friends are...online playing video games. Essentially that is how they are communicating outside of the school...better than out around town causing trouble...but still stagnantly sitting around the house all the same. Needless to say I am not excited about too much time playing games. He does really help w/ the boys and has really started to keep up better with this chores. I cannot believe he is going to be 15 this year...ugh the time flies. It is a blessing having him in my face when Devin and Carter start wearing on my nerves...oooh oooh oooh...all it takes is one look at Jacques 6 foot tall and I remember how quickly it will all not be this way and I tell myself enjoy the oooh oooh ooh while I can...cuz Jacques little "awaditatudu"  in the blink of 15 years is no where to be found.
Mike got orders to the USS Chosin...we are all VERY excited to have another set of 3 year orders...guaranteed jobs here in Hawaii. Life is good!

No comments: