Saturday, October 10, 2009

More Teeth!

Jacques was relaxing after he and Mike got back from "Adopt a Highway" early Saturday morning...Devin decided Jacques hair provided the perfect leverage to keep himself from falling on his back. Carter thought all of this was pretty funny. I think Jacques was too poop'd to care!

Carter has cut yet another tooth! Devin is still holding out at 2. I told Mike I think Devin is not into this tooth cutting business and has decided "No More!".
That makes 6 for Carter, 3 bottom 3 top. Crazy!

They have started with finger foods. Devin is a whiz at getting the little banana flavored puffs off his tray into his
mouth...if he would just gum/chew them more we'd be in business! Instead he just pushes it back and tries to swallow it...and gags...his eyes get all big and he looks all alarmed, so cute...I just tell him well now swallow the thing already. He sees I am not alarmed and goes on about his business.
Carter on the other hand is all about tha
t chew/gum business but has one heck of a time getting those little puffs off the tray in the right position...then finding his mouth? Oh forget it! When I put one in his mouth he does great chomp chomp chomp...more more more.

The last couple of days we have been also using the
ir sippy cups. I read once they can hold their bottles and understand that whole tilting the cup motion...go for the cup! Oh the things they have come up with since Jacques was their age...we have nice soft sippy cup shaped nipples that fit their current bottles to make the transition with.

Speaking of transitions, time to move the old crib mattress down to the lower setting. I have started putting Devin
in his crib at nap time, rather than rocking him in his infant seat. He wants to roll around and put himself to sleep these days. He cries a bit, but I feel he is much happier in his crib. Carter doesn't seem to care either way, when he is tired...he sleeps. Oh the personalities just could not be any more opposite! Its silly really, being twins one constantly compares when or how they do things...what I have really taken from all of this is just how different 2 human beings can be even in the same environment since conception!

We are all getting antsy about our upcoming trip. Mike is having such a hard time being patient...I know he is just SO excited to show his family to his family...as am I. I think the thing we are both hoping is that things just don't get too hectic. I worry about the time change with the babies...Jacques had a really hard time one year with the jet lag but I believe it was when he was about 15 months or so...or maybe it was his 8 month old trip...either way. Between the jolt of a foreign environment and TONS of new faces, the time change just adds to the confusion. Just talked w/ my cousin Beth. Her little girl Olivia turned 1 today...a year passes SO quickly! She said it was down to 21 degrees there today. Oh it's gonna be a cold trip! That why we will wear lotsa layers.

No comments: